Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Leepike Ridge

by N. D. Wilson
In the history of the world there have been lots of onces and lots of times, and every time has had a once upon it.
From the first sentence on, this book hooked me and didn't let go until the end. Thomas Hammond falls asleep on a slab of refrigerator-packing styrofoam. He drifts down a river, getting further and further away from home - and when he wakes up he's about to go over a waterfall! He ends up trapped in an underground cave, alone . . . except for a dog and a corpse. . . .

Leepike Ridge is a truly fun romp. Middle grade boys will especially like reading about the different survival methods and Robinson Crusoe-like inventions. Some of my favorite parts were the descriptions of Thomas's cool house-on-a-cliff. A swift, enjoyable read, perfect for fans of survival and adventure stories.

7 comments:

Acting Gal said...

I can't believe you got that read that book! So exicting! Sounds very interesting...

Sookie said...

Is this the book by the author that lives near you?
Sounds like a pretty interesting read.

Erin said...

Sookie, yep, it is. :)

Sherry said...

I'm glad I snuck in a quick read too.
Fun!

Becky said...

Hey Erin:

When I started picking books for the Saturday Review Challenge, I didn't know that your name would pop up so much. It must be that I just really want to read these books after seeing them on your site!

Becky

Anyway, this one's on my challenge list too.

Becky said...

Erin:

I loved, loved, loved this book!

Becky

Erin said...

Becky: yay, I'm glad!