Monday, March 03, 2008

Out of the Wild

by Sarah Beth Durst

I adored Into the Wild, so I was super excited to get my hands on its sequel. While Into the Wild is probably my favorite of the two, I'm happy to report that Out of the Wild is another tremendously fun, fairytale-filled book.

Out of the Wild reads more like an action-adventure story than its predecessor. Julie takes a crazy, magical journey across the country as the Wild becomes an even bigger threat than she could've imagined. This time things really take a toll on the fairytale world.

I liked how the characters had to grow and deal with all the new changes. Julie learns that you can't always go back to the way you used to be: sometimes you have to change your outlook and adapt to a new way of things. As always, all of the fairytale allusions, from the well-known stories to the lesser-known ones, were wonderful. I would recommend these books to any hardcore lover of fairytales and adventure.

See my book trailer for Into the Wild.
My interview with the author.

12 comments:

thereadingzone said...

Ooh! I am dying to get my hands on this one!!! You have made me even more excited. :)

Anidori-Isilee said...

So can't wait to read this. :D

Q said...

I am so jealous. You can paint your garage even darker green now.

Erin said...

Oh, Q. *stifles laughter* I'm sorry. :)

Sookie said...

OOHH!!!! Yay! I can't wait!

Sookie said...

Oh, and I see you're reading New Moon as well--please share your thoughts when you're done!

Enna Isilee said...

s'all right Q, we'll get our hands on an ARC. Fer sure. Be it through a contest, burglary, bribery, or some other method. We WILL do it!

;)

Q said...

That sounds great, Enna Isilee! Let's...blackmail Erin into giving us her ARC!

;)

Reader Rabbit said...

I can't wait to read this book!

Traci said...

trys not to be jealous, trys not to be jealous, trys not to be jealous....IS JEALOUS!!!!
*throws a fit*

Ok, I'm good now. I'm glad you liked it! ;)

Melody said...

ARGH! Still haven't gotten to read the first one! I better hurry up!

slayground said...

I know how much you loved Into the Wild, so I'm glad that Out of the Wild was just as fantastic.