Monday, April 28, 2008

Top 20

Taken from Booked Out.
What: Top twenty favourite books in no particular order. Don’t think about it for too long. Take twenty minutes only to compile your list. Bold the ones you’ve read, or reread, since you’ve started blogging. Include novels, non fiction and plays.

I did my list in five minutes. I'm sure there's some I left out . . . but here's what I came up with.

Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale
Enna Burning by Shannon Hale
Manalive by G.K. Chesterton
King Lear by William Shakespeare
Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare
The Tale of Two Bad Mice by Beatrix Potter
Trouble by Gary D. Schmidt
Sorcery and Cecilia by Patricia C. Wrede
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
Loose Threads by Lorie Ann Grover
Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (etc.) by J.K. Rowling
The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis
Kiki Strike by Kirsten Miller
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
The BFG by Roald Dahl
The Queen of Attolia by Meghan Whalen Turner
The Witches by Roald Dahl

Try it yourself! Don't think, just type.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Oooh... another fun meme. :) I may have to try this one.

cuileann said...

Cool! I just did it.

Hannah said...

Wow. Your first three are by Shannon Hale. :)

Erin said...

Yes, I loves her! :)

cuileann said...

No, I haven't read Till We Have Faces, but I've heard it highly recommended, and I know he considered it his best work, so I definitely plan to. Hopefully this summer.

It'll be fun to see your reviews when you get to some of those books from the intersection set of my favorites and your to-reads...:) Surpised By Joy isn't a typical autobiography; it was truly delicious for me in its discussion of imagination and writing and book-loving.

David K said...

Wow, there are a lot of those that I haven't read.... I need to change that.

Yay for Manalive! It's such a terrible thing that most people don't know about it.

Sookie said...

Ooh..yikes! I think I'll have to do this one!

Little Willow said...

Books on your list that I haven't read yet: Enna Burning by Shannon Hale, Manalive by G.K. Chesterton, Trouble by Gary D. Schmidt, Sorcery and Cecilia by Patricia C. Wrede, Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, The BFG by Roald Dahl, The Queen of Attolia by Meghan Whalen Turner, The Witches by Roald Dahl

Book on your list that is one of my all-time favorites: Alice

Paris said...

Hi i'm Paris! You SO need to read chronicles of narnia by c.s.lewis!