Wednesday, April 15, 2009

bookshelf meme

Thanks to Christy for tagging me!

Tell me about the book that has been on your shelf the longest...

Fritz and the Beautiful Horses by by Jan Brett....I've had it ever since I was quite little.

Tell me about a book that reminds you of something specific in your life (i.e. a person, a place, a time, etc.)...

The Redwall series will always remind me of the full-blown obsession my friend Kelsie and I had with those books.

Tell me about a book you acquired in some interesting way (gift, serendipity in a used book store, prize, etc.)...

The Elusive Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy, required during a day of bookstore-hopping in Hay-on-Wye, England.

Another that comes to mind is Fairest by Gail Carson Levine, because it was the first ARC I was ever sent for review....a few years ago, now.

Tell me about the most recent addition to your shelves...

Sebastian Darke: Prince of Pirates and The Beef Princess of Practical County both came in the mail yesterday, curtesy of ze publisher.

Tell me about a book that has been with you to the most places...

The Year of Secret Assignments by Jaclyn Moriarty--my travel-read. (I take it on every trip.)

Tell me about a bonus book that doesn't fit any of the above questions...

Hm...well, I will just give a shout-out to Sorcery and Cecilia by Patricia C. Wrede and Caroline Stevermer, a book I recently reread for the first time in a few years and had just as much fun with it the second time around.


I tag...Enna Isilee, Q, and Holly Cupala.

6 comments:

Maya Ganesan said...

Love Year of Secret Assignments. Such a fun read.

girl jordyn said...

I totally stole this meme. Love it. It's actually inspired and upcoming feature I'm planning. *evil laugh*

Look for the meme up Apr. 21! #selfpromotion

Christy said...

Aww you did it! I read the Redwall series in 6th grade and I absolutely loved it!

holly cupala said...

What a fun meme! I'll post next week.

Cuileann said...

I recall my Redwall years fondly too.

Sue Jackson said...

Great answers! My son also went through a major Redwall phase and has read every book in the series 2-3 times. We got to meet Brian Jacques a couple of years ago at a local book signing - very cool!

The Year of Secret Assignments sounds very intriguing - I'll have to look for that one.

Oh, and I love the new look of your blog!!

Sue